AYDEN, PITT COUNTY - A man is arrested early Tuesday after officials say he sent police on a high-speed chase through parts of Ayden in Pitt County.
Officials at the Pitt County Detention Center confirmed early Tuesday, 21-year-old Defonte Williams was arrested and charged.
He faces a total of eight charges including shooting into an occupied dwelling, discharging a firearm within the city limits and felony fleeing to elude arrest.
We were working with police to get the latest facts on this chase.
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims
- Greenville completes Watershed Masterplan study to address drainage needs