CRAVEN COUNTY - A man has been charged for allegedly throwing a dog off a second-story deck in Craven County.
Deputies arrested 33-year-old Franklin White on Saturday and charged him with felony cruelty to animals.
According to investigators, White threw a Jack Russell terrier mix off a second-story deck. But the exact location in Craven County where the incident allegedly happened, as well as the motive, were unknown.
The dog is owned by someone else. Deputies said the animal did suffer injuries, but there was no word on the extent.
White was scheduled to make his first court appearance Monday morning.
- Updated Kinston teen receives national award
- Updated Kinston Zumba instructor wins award, gets studio makeover
- Updated Democrats: WH contact with FBI an 'outrageous breach'
- Vidant Beaufort Hospital sets visiting restrictions for children
- Mexican-born NASCAR driver Daniel Suarez in the Daytona 500 spotlight