GASTONIA (WSOC) - A Gastonia man is out of jail after police say he stole an officer's patrol car while that officer investigated car break-ins.
CLICK HERE to watch the video.
Investigators released tapes of the conversation they say he had with a dispatcher.
"Is there any emergencies going on in this car?" the dispatcher asked.
"Just trying to have a good time," a man responded.
Investigators took Jason Tate into custody Wednesday morning. They said he stole the car outside a strip club on West Main Avenue.
For more information, visit WSOC.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law