GASTONIA (WSOC) - A Gastonia man is out of jail after police say he stole an officer's patrol car while that officer investigated car break-ins.
CLICK HERE to watch the video.
Investigators released tapes of the conversation they say he had with a dispatcher.
"Is there any emergencies going on in this car?" the dispatcher asked.
"Just trying to have a good time," a man responded.
Investigators took Jason Tate into custody Wednesday morning. They said he stole the car outside a strip club on West Main Avenue.
For more information, visit WSOC.
- Updated Kraft Heinz pulls plug on massive Unilever bid
- Updated Vice President Pence visits former Nazi concentration camp
- Priebus denies collusion between Trump campaign, Russian officials
- Bernstein: Trump's attacks on the press 'more treacherous' than Nixon's
- Syria ceasefire opens door for political solution, UN says