MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - Morehead City Police say a man was severely injured when he jumped from a moving vehicle Thursday night. He was airlifted to a Greenville hospital after the incident.
Police say the 21-year-old man jumped from the vehicle on Barbour Road, north of Morehead City Middle School, at about 10:30 Thursday night.
Morehead City Police Major Bernette Morris said it appears the man was arguing with the female driver of the vehicle when he jumped while the vehicle was moving.
The man's name has not been released because his family has not been notified and the investigation is not complete.
Police say he was airlifted from Carteret General Hospital to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
The man's condition is unknown.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return