JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A Jacksonville man is accused of breaking into a vehicle and stealing a debit card.
According to arrest warrants from the Onslow County Sheriff's Office, 47-year-old Bernard Tyson broke into another man's Kia Forte some time between Aug. 13 and 14.
The warrants say Tyson stole a Navy Federal debit card from the vehicle, then bought cigarettes, tampons and a Snapple drink with the card.
Tyson is charged with three felonies, including breaking and entering a vehicle, financial card theft and identify theft, the warrants state. He was being held at the Onslow County Jail under a $2,000 bond.
Tyson had his first court appearance Friday morning.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Clinton Foundation official plays defense over accusations
- Updated Richlands Piggly Wiggly owner dies in his Emerald Isle home