JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - An Onslow County man accused of taking a picture up a woman's dress made his first court appearance Wednesday morning.
It happened at the Walgreens store on Richlands Highway in Jacksonville in mid March.
According to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office, the victim confronted the suspect, Jonathan Oliver, and then reported him to the store manager.
As Oliver was leaving the store, the victim followed him into the parking lot and took a picture of Oliver's license plate, officials said. The store manager then contacted the sheriff's office and after reviewing the surveillance video, the suspect was identified and and taken into custody.
"If you just get that feeling in the back of your neck that you're in a store, and you feel like somebody's following you, then go tell a manager, go tell a clerk," said Kelly Ayer, one of Oliver's neighbors.
Oliver was questioned and confessed to the crime.
He was brought to the Onslow County Jail. Oliver's first court appearance was scheduled for Wednesday.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County