JACKSONVILLE - A Jacksonville man was arrested Wednesday and charged with taking indecent liberties with children.
Richard Stanley Carroll, 61, of Shamrock Drive in Jacksonville, was charged by the Onslow County Sheriff's Office with five counts of indecent liberties with a child, and five counts of first degree sex offense. That's according to court documents.
Carroll is accused of engaging in sex acts with two different children on multiple occasions, when one of the children was 8, again when the child was 9, and again when the child was 10, and with another child when the child was 8, according to warrants.
Court documents state that the offenses allegedly occurred from , August of 1998 until September 2012.
Bond was set at $600,000.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend