GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A Pitt County man was charged with felony larceny, accused of taking more than $8,000 worth of metal parts.
Johnny Hopkins, 50, was arrested Monday. Officials said Hopkins took a 1,600 pound tractor trailer axle, two gas pumps and copper wire from Bothern Trucking in Greenville.
Investigators said Hopkins sold the items to a metal recycler over several days.
Hopkins was also charged with obtaining property by false pretense.
He was placed in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $100,000.00 secure bond.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County