GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A Pitt County man was charged with felony larceny, accused of taking more than $8,000 worth of metal parts.
Johnny Hopkins, 50, was arrested Monday. Officials said Hopkins took a 1,600 pound tractor trailer axle, two gas pumps and copper wire from Bothern Trucking in Greenville.
Investigators said Hopkins sold the items to a metal recycler over several days.
Hopkins was also charged with obtaining property by false pretense.
He was placed in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $100,000.00 secure bond.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer
- New Binghamton University: 'Stop White People' event was 'ironic'