GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A Pitt County man was charged with felony larceny, accused of taking more than $8,000 worth of metal parts.
Johnny Hopkins, 50, was arrested Monday. Officials said Hopkins took a 1,600 pound tractor trailer axle, two gas pumps and copper wire from Bothern Trucking in Greenville.
Investigators said Hopkins sold the items to a metal recycler over several days.
Hopkins was also charged with obtaining property by false pretense.
He was placed in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $100,000.00 secure bond.
- Updated Kinston teen receives national award
- Updated Kinston Zumba instructor wins award, gets studio makeover
- Updated Democrats: WH contact with FBI an 'outrageous breach'
- Vidant Beaufort Hospital sets visiting restrictions for children
- Mexican-born NASCAR driver Daniel Suarez in the Daytona 500 spotlight