CARTERET COUNTY - Authorities have arrested a New Jersey man accused of stalking and peeping on his estranged wife in Carteret County.
Antonio Joseph Rodrigues, 60, of Brick, N.J., was taken into custody by U.S. Marshals in New Jersey and was extradited back to Carteret County Thursday night, according to the Carteret County Sheriff's Office.
According to warrants, Rodrigues is accused of stalking and secretly installing a video camera in the bedroom closet of his estranged wife's home on Deep Bay Drive in Newport.
Rodrigues is also accused of contacting his estranged wife multiple times and E-mailing her personal pictures, in violation of a court order.
Rodrigues is charged with one count of felony stalking, one count of felony secretly peeping using a photo recording device, and one count of violation of a domestic violence protective order.
The suspect is being held without bond and is scheduled for his first court appearance on Sept 2, the Sheriff's Office said.
The investigation is ongoing and more charges against Rodrigues are possible, said deputies.
No other details on the alleged crimes were released.
- New skills center breaks ground in Jacksonville
- Greenville candidates running for mayor discuss issues in forum
- New Four armed robberies in four days have GPD giving advice
- Basketball filled with drugs found at Tyrrell Prison Work Farm
- Student charged after taking gun onto Craven Community College campus