CARTERET COUNTY - A Carteret County man is accused of stabbing his half brother after an argument over a woman, investigators said.
The Carteret County Sheriff's Office said deputies arrested 27-year-old Kristopher Lee Edwards on Friday.
Investigators said Edwards used a pocket knife and stabbed 25-year-old Michael Sanders in the chest after an argument over a woman. The stabbing happened on Old Whitley Road, about 9 miles north of Beaufort., said deputies.
Sanders was taken to Carteret General Hospital and then airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. He was listed in good condition and was released from Vidant over the weekend, the Sheriff's Office said.
Edwards is charged with one count of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, said investigators. He was placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $75,000 bond. His first court appearance was scheduled for Monday morning.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- Updated Italy earthquake: At least 2 killed, buildings collapse
- Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies