CARTERET COUNTY - A Carteret County man is accused of stabbing his half brother after an argument over a woman, investigators said.
The Carteret County Sheriff's Office said deputies arrested 27-year-old Kristopher Lee Edwards on Friday.
Investigators said Edwards used a pocket knife and stabbed 25-year-old Michael Sanders in the chest after an argument over a woman. The stabbing happened on Old Whitley Road, about 9 miles north of Beaufort., said deputies.
Sanders was taken to Carteret General Hospital and then airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. He was listed in good condition and was released from Vidant over the weekend, the Sheriff's Office said.
Edwards is charged with one count of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, said investigators. He was placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $75,000 bond. His first court appearance was scheduled for Monday morning.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend