CARTERET COUNTY - A Carteret County man is accused of stabbing his half brother after an argument over a woman, investigators said.
The Carteret County Sheriff's Office said deputies arrested 27-year-old Kristopher Lee Edwards on Friday.
Investigators said Edwards used a pocket knife and stabbed 25-year-old Michael Sanders in the chest after an argument over a woman. The stabbing happened on Old Whitley Road, about 9 miles north of Beaufort., said deputies.
Sanders was taken to Carteret General Hospital and then airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. He was listed in good condition and was released from Vidant over the weekend, the Sheriff's Office said.
Edwards is charged with one count of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, said investigators. He was placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $75,000 bond. His first court appearance was scheduled for Monday morning.
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures