ONSLOW COUNTY - A man accused of shooting his girlfriend in Onslow County has turned himself in.
Danielle Latrell Morrisey, 31, turned himself in to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office after receiving a phone call from Sheriff Ed Brown, investigators said.
The Sheriff's Office said Morrisey shot his girlfriend on the 500 block of Sage Court, just north of Jacksonville, before 1:45 a.m. Sunday. The victim told deputies Morrisey accused her of having an affair with her ex-boyfriend.
The victim suffered one gunshot wound to the upper portion of her arm, and was taken by the suspect to Onslow Memorial Hospital, deputies said. She was later released.
Morrisey is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious bodily injury and possession of a firearm by a felon. He is being held in the Onslow County Jail and is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Updated Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew