ONSLOW COUNTY - A man accused of shooting his girlfriend in Onslow County has turned himself in.
Danielle Latrell Morrisey, 31, turned himself in to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office after receiving a phone call from Sheriff Ed Brown, investigators said.
The Sheriff's Office said Morrisey shot his girlfriend on the 500 block of Sage Court, just north of Jacksonville, before 1:45 a.m. Sunday. The victim told deputies Morrisey accused her of having an affair with her ex-boyfriend.
The victim suffered one gunshot wound to the upper portion of her arm, and was taken by the suspect to Onslow Memorial Hospital, deputies said. She was later released.
Morrisey is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious bodily injury and possession of a firearm by a felon. He is being held in the Onslow County Jail and is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.
- Updated U.K. approves crucial third runway at London's Heathrow
- Updated Judge approves Volkswagen's $15B emissions settlement
- Updated NBA: 10 big predictions for the new season
- Updated Drinking two sweetened drinks per day? You could be doubling your risk of diabetes
- Updated Rain expected from Upper Midwest to New England