CRAVEN COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a man accused of shaking his 4-week-old son, causing breathing difficulties to the baby.
The Craven County Sheriff's Office said 19-year-old Jacob Isaak Pinyan is charged with felony child abuse causing serious physical injury.
According to the Sheriff's Office, investigators received a report on Wednesday of a 4-week-old baby suffering from symptoms of Shaken Baby Syndrome. The infant started having difficulty breathing and was taken to a hospital by his parents, deputies said.
Upon completing the investigation, deputies arrested the baby's father, Pinyan, who was being jailed under a $150,000 secured bond..
As of Thursday, the baby is at Vidant Medical Center and is listed as stable. NewsChannel 12 is working to learn his exact condition.
No other details on the investigation have been released.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike