CRAVEN COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a man accused of shaking his 4-week-old son, causing breathing difficulties to the baby.
The Craven County Sheriff's Office said 19-year-old Jacob Isaak Pinyan is charged with felony child abuse causing serious physical injury.
According to the Sheriff's Office, investigators received a report on Wednesday of a 4-week-old baby suffering from symptoms of Shaken Baby Syndrome. The infant started having difficulty breathing and was taken to a hospital by his parents, deputies said.
Upon completing the investigation, deputies arrested the baby's father, Pinyan, who was being jailed under a $150,000 secured bond..
As of Thursday, the baby is at Vidant Medical Center and is listed as stable. NewsChannel 12 is working to learn his exact condition.
No other details on the investigation have been released.
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Updated Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health