WASHINGTON - A Beaufort County man, accused of committing sex crimes against several juveniles in a 50-year span, is facing more charges.
On Jan. 31, Merrill Wilson Wallace, 73, of Cedar Lane in Washington, was charged with 11 additional counts of indecent liberties with a minor. He turned himself in at the magistrate's office.
Wallace was previously arrested on Jan. 11, and was charged with two counts of first degree sexual offense and eight counts of indecent liberties with a minor.
According to deputies, they received a report of sex crimes happening at a home on Cedar Lane in August, 2012. Investigators said Wallace was behind that incident, as well as sex crimes against several other victims. The oldest case happened about 50 years ago, deputies said.
All the victims were juveniles when the crimes occurred, deputies said. So far, six victims have been identified.
Wallace was released from jail on an unsecured bond and was ordered to be under electronic house arrest.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen