ONSLOW COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a man accused of committing sex crimes against an 8-year-old girl.
The Onslow County Sheriff's Office said deputies arrested 31-year-old Saul Valencia on Friday. According to warrants, Valencia committed the sex crimes against the 8-year-old girl between May 1 and May 24.
The crimes happened at Valencia's home on Weeping Willow Lane west of Jacksonville, the warrants state.
Valencia is charged with four counts of felony indecent liberties with a child, four counts of misdemeanor sexual battery, and four counts of misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. He was being held under a $21,000 bond at the Onslow County Jail.
Valencia is scheduled to be in court Monday morning, according to the Sheriff's Office.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton