BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a man who allegedly raped a female teen in Beaufort County.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office, 41-year-old Hallie Halloway III (a.k.a. "Ronnie"), of Washington, has been charged with second-degree rape, statutory rape of a person 13, 14 or 15 years old by a defendant more than six years older than the victim, and indecent liberties with a child.
Investigators said Halloway allegedly raped a 14-year-old girl in a vehicle on the shoulder of Whootentow Road, east of Washington. Deputies said they received the report at about 6:48 p.m. on Jan. 9.
Halloway turned himself in on Monday. He was being held in the Beaufort County Detention Center on a $300,000 secured bond.
- New New Bern Police arrest man in early-morning shooting
- New Report of rabies reported in Cape Carteret
- Updated White House effort to justify travel ban causes growing concern for some intelligence officials
- New Response to drug activity leads to arrest
- Caught on video: Plane's landing gear collapses in Amsterdam