BEAUFORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Police arrested a man accused of pointing a gun at a construction site foreman and demanding to get paid.
According to the Beaufort Police Department, 24-year-old Hector Xocua was intoxicated when he showed up at a construction site at 1793 Liveoak Street at about 12:30 p.m. Monday. The construction site is for Beaufort Springs, an assisted living complex.
The site foreman, Christian Ambrosio-Cortes, told police that Xocua first pointed a gun at him and demanded to get paid. When Cortes responded that he didn't have any money, Xocua placed the barrel of the gun up to Cortes' head and demanded money again, said investigators.
The foreman was not hurt.
Police said when an officer arrived at the scene, Xocua was standing near a truck. After confronting Xocua, the officer found a handgun hidden under the truck's bumper, police explained.
Xocua was arrested and placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $1,000 bond. He is scheduled to be in court on July 21.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated