DURHAM, DURHAM COUNTY - Police have arrested a man they say shot and killed a woman outside a Durham church last month.
Dominique Xazier Lamberth, 23, of Creedmoor, has been charged with murder.
Police say Lamberth was robbing a man of $20 on Feb. 26 when the victim jumped into a vehicle and drove away. Investigators say Lamberth fired at the car and struck Kourtney Krista Dawson outside a church.
He was arrested in Louisburg and also is charged with armed robbery, firing a gun into an occupied vehicle, possession of a weapon by a felon, and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
Lamberth was being held in the Durham County Jail. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte