DURHAM, DURHAM COUNTY - Police have arrested a man they say shot and killed a woman outside a Durham church last month.
Dominique Xazier Lamberth, 23, of Creedmoor, has been charged with murder.
Police say Lamberth was robbing a man of $20 on Feb. 26 when the victim jumped into a vehicle and drove away. Investigators say Lamberth fired at the car and struck Kourtney Krista Dawson outside a church.
He was arrested in Louisburg and also is charged with armed robbery, firing a gun into an occupied vehicle, possession of a weapon by a felon, and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
Lamberth was being held in the Durham County Jail. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
- Updated Biden aims to reassure Turks of US support after failed coup
- Updated How should you talk to loved ones about their weight?
- Updated Oil billionaire: Trump didn't 'understand' simple fracking question
- Updated Thousands of fish die in Yellowstone River
- Inside the big banks' plan for new digital cash