POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY, OKLA. - A former enlisted Marine has been charged with murder for allegedly killing his stepfather by giving the victim an "atomic wedgie."
Investigators told ABC affiliate KNXV that 33-year-old Brad Davis had been arguing with his stepfather, Denver St. Clair, on Dec. 21 in Pottawatomie County, Okla. The two men, who had been drinking, then began to fight, police said.
Davis told police that St. Clair had spoken "ill of Davis' mother." Davis also claimed that St. Clair threw the first punch.
Investigators said Davis fought back, and admitted to hitting St. Clair several times until he lost consciousness. Davis then gave St. Clair an "atomic wedgie" by stretching the elastic waistband of St. Clair's underwear up over his head, according to an affidavit from police.
Davis said he called 911 after his stepfather stopped breathing. But when first responders arrived, St. Clair was already dead, investigators said.
The affidavit stated that the underwear left a ligature mark around St. Clair's neck. There was also blood in the kitchen and living room, according to the document.
The state medical examiner determined that St. Clair died of blunt force trauma and/or asphyxiation, KNXV reported.
Davis has been charged with first-degree murder. At last check, he was being held without bond.
For more information, visit KNXV.
- FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan