MT. OLIVE, WAYNE COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a man accused of killing a dog and severely injuring another while he was in the process of stealing four-wheelers.
According to the Wayne County Sheriff's Office, 28-year-old Adam Wayne Outlaw, of Turkey in Sampson County, stole two four-wheelers from a property in Mt. Olive. The owner reported the larceny on May 21.
While Outlaw was stealing the four-wheelers, a neighbor's two small dogs began barking, investigators said. Outlaw then went to the neighbor's yard and killed one of the dogs while severely injuring the other, the Sheriff's Office stated.
Outlaw was later arrested and is charged with larceny, possession of stolen goods, and cruelty to animals. He was being jailed under a $163,000 bond.
One of the stolen four-wheelers was recovered in Greene County, investigators said.
- Updated Reports: Leaders of Oregon standoff acquitted
- Updated LAPD: Suspect in custody over Donald Trump's Hollywood star vandalism
- Trump: 'We should just cancel the election' and declare me the winner
- Kids get swine flu from pigs at state fairs, CDC reports
- Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew