CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a suspect accused of holding down a 91-year-old man and robbing him.
According to the Carteret County Sheriff's Office, 30-year-old Jason Foscue, of Atlantic Beach, robbed 91-year-old Raymond Lefler.
Investigators said Foscue broke into Lefler's home, on Bay Club Circle west of Morehead City, through a small opening in a sliding glass door. Foscue then held the 91-year-old victim down in his chair and took about $20 from his pocket, according to deputies.
Investigators arrested Foscue on Tuesday and charged him with burglary and common law robbery. At last check, he was being held under no bond and was scheduled to make his first court appearance Wednesday.
Deputies said Lefler has known Foscue for quite sometime and considers himself friends with the suspect's family. Foscue had reportedly taken money from the 91-year-old in other incidents as well, said investigators.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating