CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a suspect accused of holding down a 91-year-old man and robbing him.
According to the Carteret County Sheriff's Office, 30-year-old Jason Foscue, of Atlantic Beach, robbed 91-year-old Raymond Lefler.
Investigators said Foscue broke into Lefler's home, on Bay Club Circle west of Morehead City, through a small opening in a sliding glass door. Foscue then held the 91-year-old victim down in his chair and took about $20 from his pocket, according to deputies.
Investigators arrested Foscue on Tuesday and charged him with burglary and common law robbery. At last check, he was being held under no bond and was scheduled to make his first court appearance Wednesday.
Deputies said Lefler has known Foscue for quite sometime and considers himself friends with the suspect's family. Foscue had reportedly taken money from the 91-year-old in other incidents as well, said investigators.
- Updated Google officially reveals its latest robot
- Updated China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Updated Grant Application Intake session slated in Snow Hill
- Updated Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso
- Updated Paul Ryan: 'We are hosed' if we don't tackle entitlements like Medicare