MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - Police have arrested a man accused of firing his gun into his girlfriend's vehicle and kidnapping her at gunpoint.
According to the Morehead City Police Department, the incident happened at 4:55 a.m. Monday.
Investigators said 28-year-old Samuel Barrie Jr., of Havelock, went to the Quality Inn in Morehead City where his girlfriend was working. Once there, Barrie fired his gun into his girlfriend's unoccupied 2007 Pontiac, shattering the driver side window, said police.
Barrie then went inside the hotel and assaulted his girlfriend, police told NewsChannel 12. Barrie took the victim's cell phone so she could not dial 911, according to investigators.
Barrie pointed his gun to his girlfriend's head and demanded her to follow him to the Harlow area, investigators said. But when they got there, Barrie was arrested by Morehead City Police and deputies with the Carteret County Sheriff's Office.
Barrie is being held at the Carteret County Jail on the following charges: first-degree kidnapping, assault on a female, assault by pointing a gun, discharging a firearm inside city limits, damage to property, interfering with 911 communications, communicating threats, and possession of a firearm by felon.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew