HALIFAX COUNTY - A man wanted on two counts of bigamy has turned himself in to deputies.
The Halifax County Sheriff's Office said 50-year-old Tony Fitzgerald Hilliard, of Rocky Mount, turned himself in late Monday.
Hilliard is charged with two felony counts of bigamy because he remarried two different times without being divorced from his original marriage in 1989, deputies said.
Hilliard received a $4,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 30.
- Updated Suicide attacks kill dozens in Syrian city of Homs
- Updated Pence pledges to 'keep our end of the bargain' with top Jewish supporters
- Witness recalls moments before, after Olathe shooting
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- Prosecutors question NYC mayor in federal probe