Beaufort County deputies arrested a man accused of breaking into a home, assaulting a man inside, then forcing a woman and two children to leave with him.
Investigators said this all happened in violation of a domestic violence protective order.
Deputies arrested Donnie Pernell Smith, 22, of Vanceboro, last Wednesday.
Investigators said the incident happened at a home on Christol Lane, half way between Chocowinity and Vanceboro, in Beaufort County.
Smith is charged with breaking and entering to terrorize, second degree kidnapping and assault.
The woman and two children were found at a home on Molly Ave. in Craven County.
Smith was booked into the Craven County Detention Center.
Deputies said he was first arrested in June in connection with a domestic dispute at the same home on Christol Lane.
He was charged with assault on a female in that case.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte