Beaufort County deputies arrested a man accused of breaking into a home, assaulting a man inside, then forcing a woman and two children to leave with him.
Investigators said this all happened in violation of a domestic violence protective order.
Deputies arrested Donnie Pernell Smith, 22, of Vanceboro, last Wednesday.
Investigators said the incident happened at a home on Christol Lane, half way between Chocowinity and Vanceboro, in Beaufort County.
Smith is charged with breaking and entering to terrorize, second degree kidnapping and assault.
The woman and two children were found at a home on Molly Ave. in Craven County.
Smith was booked into the Craven County Detention Center.
Deputies said he was first arrested in June in connection with a domestic dispute at the same home on Christol Lane.
He was charged with assault on a female in that case.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Updated Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates