It's not a typical Christmas tree that you would see or buy, but it's one that has become very popular over the past few years.
Fisherman Creations is a locally owned manufacturing company here in Eastern North Carolina. Their sole product is a Christmas tree made out of crab trap wire.
"We cut the wire into sections and then we cut it into the triangle shape for a tree and then secure the panels and then we put the lights on ourselves" said Don Acree, owner of Fisherman Creations.
One of the really neat things about this 3d tree, not only is it made out of crab trap, but it also folds half way to put up on your wall, or all the way to put in a corner or for easy storage.
The idea came from a man name Nick Harvey. In 2009 Mr. Harvey negotiated a manufacturing and distributing agreement with fisherman creations.
The product went from just a few friends to now more than tens of thousands of people all across the county.
The Christmas trees range from one and a half feet to eight feet and cost between $20 up to $200.
If you would like more information about the crab trap trees, click on the link below http://www.crabpottrees.com
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Rhymefest's angry tweet draws Chicago police apology
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction