HYDE COUNTY - A power outage closed schools Tuesday morning for students and faculty in Hyde County.
NewsChannel 12 talked with school district officials who reported schools were closed for Mainland Hyde County due to an early morning power outage. The outage affected more than 9,000 customers early Tuesday, according to Tideland Electric Membership Corporation.
Power was restored to those customers before 10:00 a.m.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez