NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Marine Corps Air Station at Cherry Point plans to adopt H. J. MacDonald Middle School. A formal signing ceremony was set for 1:30 p.m. on Friday, October 4.
This is the second year the Marines from HMH-366 agreed to partner with the middle school.
The goal is to promote education, health, fitness and citizenship for the current school year. Marines will also participate in mentoring programs, special events and improvement projects at the school.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County