NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Marine Corps Air Station at Cherry Point plans to adopt H. J. MacDonald Middle School. A formal signing ceremony was set for 1:30 p.m. on Friday, October 4.
This is the second year the Marines from HMH-366 agreed to partner with the middle school.
The goal is to promote education, health, fitness and citizenship for the current school year. Marines will also participate in mentoring programs, special events and improvement projects at the school.
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center
- Former President Bill Clinton taking bus tour through Greenville