NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Marine Corps Air Station at Cherry Point plans to adopt H. J. MacDonald Middle School. A formal signing ceremony was set for 1:30 p.m. on Friday, October 4.
This is the second year the Marines from HMH-366 agreed to partner with the middle school.
The goal is to promote education, health, fitness and citizenship for the current school year. Marines will also participate in mentoring programs, special events and improvement projects at the school.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Updated Miami Marlins remember star pitcher Jose Fernandez