MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - Luxury goods-maker Coach has filed a lawsuit against a now-closed Carteret County store.
Coach is seeking millions of dollars in damages from Brands 4 Less, 1400 Arendell St.
Coach's suit alleges that the store sold counterfeit Coach products, knowing that the merchandise was not genuine.
The suit, filed last week, asks for $2 million per counterfeit mark, per type of counterfeit good.
The business closed after a raid earlier this year, according to people who frequent the area.
The location had been the subject of several busts, including one in 2011.
Coach's lawsuit says that investigators seized more than 300 counterfeit goods during the most recent raid.
A man reportedly arrested in the aftermath of that bust, Hamed Sawir Alquza, could not be reached for comment.
- Updated Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results