CRAVEN COUNTY - A recent lottery winner who was a victim of a home invasion believes the crooks were after his winnings.
"They were waving a gun, saying 'give me the money,'" said Kelvin Spears, who won approximately $80,000 from a November Carolina Pick 4 ticket.
The men kicked down Spears' door at approximately 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to Craven County deputies.
Spears, seen in the photo, lives with his girlfriend, mother, and his mother's two foster children on South West Craven Middle School Road, west of New Bern.
He fought with them, and one ran through a glass door to escape.
Spears then got in his car and chased the men to the Lenoir County line.
"I got a flat tire and had to stop," Spears said.
Nothing was taken during the incident.
Spears has several scrapes from his fight, but no one else was hurt.
There's no word of arrests.
Anyone with information on the two suspects is asked to call the Craven County Sheriff's Office.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects