RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - The Greenville convenience store that sold a winning $57 million Mega Millions ticket has helped with another retirement plan.
The N.C. Education Lottery says Ashby Jordan of Greenville purchased a Quick Pick ticket which was one of three that matched all five numbers in the Aug. 8 drawing to split the $520,734 jackpot.
Jordan says he plans to use the $120,117 jackpot he won playing Carolina Cash 5 to save for retirement and take a vacation.
In Charlotte, Karen Witherspoon became the first player to win $100,000 in the new $1,000,000 Jackpot game. After state and federal taxes were withheld, Witherspoon took home $69,203.
As of Monday, six $1 million top prizes and four more $100,000 prizes remain to be claimed in the game.
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'