New Bern - Longtime New Bern businessman and community activist, Marvin Raines has died.
According to an obituary in the New Bern Sun Journal, Marvin Raines died Friday at the age of 65.
Raines is the co-founder of a local real estate and construction company. He was active in the New Bern Chamber of Commerce for 30 years. Raines was also a chairman in numerous eastern North Carolina businesses and organizations.
Raines leaves behind his wife and two sons. Although the exact cause of death is unknown, Raines' obituary states he died peacefully in his home.
Funeral services will be held at Cotton Funeral home on Monday at 2 p.m.
The burial will be at Greenleaf Memorial Park after the ceremony.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings