New Bern - Longtime New Bern businessman and community activist, Marvin Raines has died.
According to an obituary in the New Bern Sun Journal, Marvin Raines died Friday at the age of 65.
Raines is the co-founder of a local real estate and construction company. He was active in the New Bern Chamber of Commerce for 30 years. Raines was also a chairman in numerous eastern North Carolina businesses and organizations.
Raines leaves behind his wife and two sons. Although the exact cause of death is unknown, Raines' obituary states he died peacefully in his home.
Funeral services will be held at Cotton Funeral home on Monday at 2 p.m.
The burial will be at Greenleaf Memorial Park after the ceremony.
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health