CRAVEN COUNTY - Investigators said they suspected a driver was been under the influence of an impairing substance when his log truck overturned in Craven County Wednesday morning.
The wreck happened on N.C. 55 at the Highway 17 ramp near Bridgeton. According to the Highway Patrol, 44-year-old Jose Vanegas, of Vanegas Trucking, was driving too fast and lost control, causing his log truck to overturn. The wreck caused logs to spill onto the road.
Troopers said they suspected the driver was under the influence of an impairing substance based on a blood test at the scene. But at last check, the driver had not been charged. He was not seriously hurt.
One lane of N.C. 55 heading towards Bridgeton was blocked as a result of the wreck. It's expected to reopen early Wednesday afternoon.
- Updated Reports: Leaders of Oregon standoff acquitted
- Updated LAPD: Suspect in custody over Donald Trump's Hollywood star vandalism
- Trump: 'We should just cancel the election' and declare me the winner
- Kids get swine flu from pigs at state fairs, CDC reports
- Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew