DEEP RUN, LENOIR COUNTY - Calls of shots being fired prompted South Lenoir High School to go on lockdown Friday afternoon, but that lockdown has since been lifted, school officials said.
Superintendent Dr. L. Stephen Mazingo told NewsChannel 12 that the Lenoir County Sheriff's Department responded to reports of shots fired in the area. But according to Mazingo, investigators believed the 911 calls were a hoax and no students were in danger.
Deputies did not say if anyone was arrested in this case. NewsChannel 12 is working to get more information.
- Updated ISIS in Southeast Asia: Philippines battles growing threat
- Updated British Airways disruption continues for third day after IT system crash
- Updated Pitt Co. Deputy and wife hurt in motorcycle crash
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Seaching for suspect following several larcenies in Snow Hill