GREENVILLE - A public viewing will be held today for a soldier from Greenville killed in Afghanistan.
The body of Specialist Joshua Nelson returned home Tuesday morning. Nelson's remains arrived with an Honor Guard at the Pitt-Greenville airport.
The 22-year-old Nelson joined the Army two years ago and got married last year.
His father says it's a tough time for the family.
A public viewing will be held for Nelson at Mount Calvary Free Will Baptist Church in Greenville. The viewing will start at 4 p.m.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- New Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death