BEAUFORT, CARTERET COUNTY - A Carteret County street is selected for a statewide competition that celebrates what makes North Carolina special.
Front Street in Beaufort is one of the six finalists in the "Great Main Streets" category of the Great Places in North Carolina competition.
The contest is sponsored by the North Carolina chapter of the American Planning Association. According to its website, the competition "celebrates great places in North Carolina, and the communities that sustain them."
You have until March 15th to vote. CLICK HERE for more details.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms