NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - This past summer the hit T.V. series Sleepy Hollow picked New Bern as a location to shoot part of the series. But even after filming, local shops are playing a major role in Sleepy Hollow scenes.
The Black Swan is an antique shop in down town New Bern. Irene Magness owns the shop. When designers were in New Bern this past summer they began shopping for set pieces at the Black Swan. Since then, staff has been in regular contact with Magness.
"And they have such an imagination so you never know what they are going to leave with," says Magness.
From carpets to candelabras, Magness has spotted several of her pieces in the scenes of the show. One of the most memorable was a chess set featured in season six. The Black Swan isn't the only antique shop designers buy from. She says buyers come specifically to New Bern because of all the shops.
"It gives us an idea because I don't think before that anyone knew that these buyers actually go out to local people for all these different movie sets, for all these different things that they're doing." says Magness.
Sleepy Hollow is expected to have a second season. Magness says she has already been in contact with designers about selling them a large desk and renting the two stone lions that sit in front of her shop.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike