Craven County - Calvary Baptist Church School in Craven County is hoping to win up to 150,000 dollars.
Right now the school is ranked 17th in the nation in a competition run by U.S. Cellular .The school must stay in the top 18 to win any money. For the past few weeks, students and staff have been working hard to get the community to vote for their school. Vice Principal Brian Alphin says if they win, they would love to get a playground for the kids.
"Usually the recess is on a concrete pad, they have to play on a concrete pad in a rock driveway and so, a good playground a fenced in area like we have here in this community park is so needed for our school," said Alphin.
To vote for Calvary Baptist School Church you must stop by a U.S. Cellular store to pick up a voter card with a special code.
For more details on how to donate, or to see the top schools click here.
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Updated Duplin County man arrested for drugs, guns and explosives
- Updated Viewer captures photos, video of manatees in Pine Knoll Shores
- Updated Bill Cosby is legally blind, according to defense attorneys
- Updated Stocks sink on Clinton email bombshell