GOLDSBORO, Wayne County - Officers patrolling on foot near the Serena Inn in Goldsboro made an arrest after noticing a heavy smell of marijuana coming from one of the rooms, according to the Wayne County Sheriff's Office.
Leana Cates, 37, was arrested following a search of the motel room that revealed the presence of multiple drugs. Cates was charged with possession of cocaine, possession of MDMA schedule I, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
She was booked into the Wayne County Jail on a $10,000 secured bond.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend