GOLDSBORO, Wayne County - Officers patrolling on foot near the Serena Inn in Goldsboro made an arrest after noticing a heavy smell of marijuana coming from one of the rooms, according to the Wayne County Sheriff's Office.
Leana Cates, 37, was arrested following a search of the motel room that revealed the presence of multiple drugs. Cates was charged with possession of cocaine, possession of MDMA schedule I, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
She was booked into the Wayne County Jail on a $10,000 secured bond.
- City employees work to keep traffic flowing in Jacksonville
- Kinston Police arrest man in January shooting death
- New Bern resident among four NC WWII veterans to receive French honor
- City of Greenville says it won't release 2016 St. Patrick's Day assault video
- Greenville woman killed in Wednesday evening crash