GOLDSBORO, Wayne County - Seymour Johnson Air Force Base will be the site for the biennial Wings Over Wayne event, which will be this Saturday and Sunday.
The free event is a way for the air base to show its thanks and appreciation for the ongoing support of the base and its mission. It's also a chance to recognize the 75th anniversary of the 4th Fighter Wing and military aviation in our state.
Gates will open at 8 a.m. both days.
The two-day event will showcase The Blue Angels, the premier aviation show in the country. Also performing will be the US Army Black Daggers, Tora! Tora! Tora!, The Combined Arms Demo and more.
There will also be lots of attractions and events going on between those air shows, including concessions and souvenirs. There will also be a Kids' Zone! with bounce slides, trampolines and more. An all-day pass to that is $5.
Click here to go to the WingsOverWayneAirShow.com website. You'll find links to the flying schedule, otehr attractions, directions and other information.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Freemont woman charged after breaking & entering incident