DUDLEY, Wayne County (WTVD) - The Wayne County Sheriff's Office says it has arrested a Dudley man after an assault Monday.
It happened in the southern part of the county.
Deputies said 23-year-old Travis John Ham is charged with first-degree sex offense, assault by strangulation, injury to personal property, communicating threats, false imprisonment, assault by pointing a gun, and assault on a female.
Detectives said Ham knew the alleged victim.
Ham is in the Wayne County jail under a $250,000 bond.
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping