GOLDSBORO, Wayne County - The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested a man and charged him with several counts of theft and breaking and entering.
Kelly Baggett, 28, of 708 Corporate Dr. in Goldsboro, was arrested on May 11. He's charged with felony breaking and/or entering, felony larceny after breaking and/or entering, felony possession of stolen goods/property and felony obtain property under false pretense. He was placed in the Wayne County jail under a $15,000 unsecured bond.
Deputies said there was a report on April 25 of a breaking and entering, larceny and possession of stolen property at Spring Creek Elementary School. Officials said entry was made by forcing open a door to the building. Several laptops and a computer/copier scanner were taken.
Wayne County officials found the computer/copier scanner had been sold to a local business by Baggett, who was then arrested. The investigation is still ongoing and additional charges may be made.
If anyone has any information on the thefts, you can call Det. Sgt. Anthony Mullis at (919) 731-1394.
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- BSH Home Appliances expands recall of dishwashers due to fire hazard
- Four inmates charged with murder in Pasquotank failed prison escape
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested
- Multiple agencies working large crime scene in Craven County