GOLDSBORO, Wayne County - A Goldsboro man has been seriously injured as a result of a shooting Saturday night, Goldsboro Police say.
On Saturday at 10:09 p.m., GPD officers were responding to a shots fired call in the 900 block of East Elm Street when they were notified of an individual being shot. GPD says 20-year-old Tyshawn Gardner was taken by private vehicle to Wayne Memorial Hospital and was later transferred to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
He was listed in serious condition.
Goldsboro Police has not publicly named a suspect in the shooting and is asking anyone with details about the case to call or text Crime Stoppers at (919) 735-2255.
Gardner has had multiple run-ins with the law in recent months. Last May, he was charged with possession of a stolen firearm, possession of marijuana, resisting a public officer and assault on a government official. He was arrested again this January by Goldsboro Police and charged with possession with the intent to sell or distribute a Schedule VI drug, in addition to several driving-related charges, including driving with a ficticious tag.
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping
- Shootout at Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville started with fight captured on video, 3 injured
- Quintuplets spread 'Quintmas' cheer with adorable Christmas photos
- Man who lost nose, mouth describes vicious bear attack
- Updated Loss of the night: Global light pollution rising rapidly