GOLDSBORO, Wayne County - A Goldsboro man is facing multiple charges after he was arrested for stealing several batteries from Wayne County Public Schools buses.
Maya Lamont Arline of 712 Slaughter St. in Goldsboro was charged with seven counts of breaking and entering a motor vehicle, seven counts of felonious larceny and one count of obtaining property by false pretense. He was booked in the Wayne County Jail under a $40,000 secured bond. His first court appearance is Monday.
Goldsboro Police said on July 5 and 7 they responded the Wayne County Public Schools administration building at 2001 Royall Avenue. Several school busses parked at this location had been broken into and the batteries had been stolen.
The investigation continues and additional charges are pending.
- Home invasion leads to struggle, suspect shot at early Friday
- Camp Lejeune job fair teaches students about careers in STEM
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- Department of Public Safety increases prison safety measures after fatal incident in Pasquotank
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested