GOLDSBORO, Wayne County - Goldsboro Police arrested a man and charged him with two counts of statutory sex offenses with a child.
James Arthur Davis Jr., 46, of 129 Fallin Blvd. Apt. B2 in Goldsboro was arrested Wednesday morning and was charged with two counts of statutory sex offense with a child less than 15 years old. Davis was jailed in lieu of a $200,000 secured bond.
Police said the arrest stems from a complaint filed by a juvenile victim. On July 26, the victim reported being sexually assaulted multiple times over a two-year period. Davis was identified as the suspect.
Davis' first court appearance in Wayne County District Court is Friday.
- Law enforcement making sure people are buckled up during holiday travel
- Thanksgiving holiday set to be busiest travel week in decade
- Local donation drive aims to help veterans in need as winter approaches
- Local fire destroys Carteret family home
- Investigation continues after death on commercial fishing boat