FREMONT, Wayne County - A Fremont woman was arrested on Thursday after officers responded to a breaking, entering and larceny call.
Jessica Brooks West, 35, of 312 Old Black Creek Rd. in Fremont, was arrested without incident and placed in the Wayne County Detention Center under a $5,000 bond. She was charged with breaking and/or entering, larceny after breaking and/or entering, possession of stolen goods/property and larceny of a firearm.
Deputies responded to a call on May 20 at Aycock Dairy Farm Road in Fremont. The victim reported money and a firearm were stolen from the residence. The arrest was later made after enough evidence was gathered to charge West.
The investigation is still open and more arrests could be made. Anyone with information concerning this case should call Capt. Richard Lewis at (919) 705-6542.
- Student charged after taking gun onto Craven Community College campus
- Jacksonville Police investigating death at Stevenson Toyota
- Detectives investigating fatal shooting in Greene County
- Pasquotank Correctional Institution still on lockdown
- New Kinston woman hits $1 million in lottery game, plans to open kennel