CRESWELL, Washington County - Authorities in Washington County are searching a property in Creswell for human remains.
Washington County Sheriff Johnny Barnes says it is a part of an investigation into a missing persons case turned murder investigation from 2008.
Investigators are searching the property on Alligood Good road in Creswell. Craig Swain, of Tyrrell County, was last seen in February 2008 after attending a Super Bowl party on Jones White Road in Creswell.
Barnes says deputies found dead dogs and puppies and other dogs living in unsanitary conditions on the property. One person has been arrested so far for animal abuse and more arrests are expected to come.
- Rare stem cell procedure performed to help local dog with kidney disease
- New Bern Board of Aldermen release new master parking plan
- Restaurants open on Thanksgiving
- Two Onslow County organizations partner to provide Thanksgiving meals
- Gingerbread houses for contest on display in downtown New Bern shops