PLYMOUTH, Washington County - A man was arrested on Monday and charged with accessory after the fact to first degree murder in a cold case from 2008.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office announced Marvin Jordae Lewis, 28, of 794 Alligood Road in Creswell was arrested at around 5:30 p.m. on Monday. He was charged in the homicide investigation of Craig Swain, who went missing on Feb. 3, 2008 after attending a Super Bowl party on Jones White Road in Creswell. His bond was set at $300,000
The case was opened up eight months ago with the investigation upgraded from a missing person report to homicide. The Washington County Sheriff's Office and the State Bureau of Investigation conducted a search of property at 794 and 776 Alligood Road in Creswell in search of forensic evidence.
Washington County Sheriff Johnny Barnes said more arrests are pending. if you have information on this case, call the Washington County Sheriff's Office at (252) 793-2422 or the NC SBI office at (252) 756-4755.
- Black Friday shoppers find crowds lighter than last year
- New Bern woman thankful for gift of kidney from husband
- Updated Neighbor pulls victim from house fire in New Bern
- Kinston Police announce arrest of third suspect in 2014 murder case
- Updated Beary Merry Christmas kicks off the holiday season in New Bern