COLUMBIA, Tyrrell County - With severe storms on the way Wednesday night, residents off of South Gumneck Road in Tyrrell County are already in cleanup mode after getting hit by an unconfirmed tornado on Tuesday.
The National Weather Service still has to confirm whether it was an actual tornado that hit, but for some local residents, the damage is proof enough.
Jake and Konner Parker were cleaning up the mess in their yard Wednesday morning, pointing out spots where tree branches flung by the wind had damaged crops and just missed smashing into homes.
Below is a gallery of photos from the area of the damage.
- Updated Hurricane Jose holding steady, Maria up to Category 5 storm
- Improvements in LCPS has others wanting to know how it was done
- North Duplin Junior Senior High one of 22 schools to get garden grant
- Water discovery lab in Greenville opens doors to curious students
- Greenville man arrested after weekend stabbing, shooting