MOREHEAD CITY, Carteret County - The National Weather Service confirmed Friday a tornado touched down in the Gum Neck area of Tyrrell County on Tuesday.
In a storm report by the NWS, officials said and EF 1 tornado touched down at 6:16 p.m. The announcement was made after information was gathered during a storm survey of the Gum Neck area.
Officials said the tornado touched down just southeast of Gum Neck with maximum sustained winds at 100 mph with a path .6 miles and am max path width of 40 yards. There were no injuries or fatalities with the tornado, which was part of some severe storms that rolled through Edgecombe, Martin, Bertie, Tyrrell and Dare counties that evening.
- Duplin County deputy airlifted after being hit by car
- Updated Local woman talks about her own ordeal with sexual assault
- Updated Program, schools work to help curb childhood obesity
- New Candidates for Kinston mayor discuss their platforms
- Six arrested for attempting to smuggle drugs into Craven Co. jail