A search is underway for two men who were declared missing after their boat capsized near the Bogue Inlet, in Carteret County, according to an official from the U.S Coast Guard.
The incident happened in an area the official describes as 5 nautical miles south of the Bogue Inlet and 1 nautical mile from shore.
There were three boaters in the vessel at the time it capsized. One of them was located in the water. The man was rescued from the water, airlifted and handed over to a team of first responders at shore. The aircraft returned to continue with the search for the remaining missing boaters.
News Channel 12 is following this development and will have more information as it becomes available
- Home invasion leads to struggle, suspect shot at early Friday
- Camp Lejeune job fair teaches students about careers in STEM
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- Department of Public Safety increases prison safety measures after fatal incident in Pasquotank
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested