LITTLETON, North Carolina (WTVD) - The Halifax County Sheriff's Office has charged two male students with raping a female student in a school locker room.
Sheriff Wes Tripp said 18-year-old Raquan Marquest Boswell and 16-year-old Jesse Jyrell Alston are both charged with first-degree rape.
Tripp would not say where it happened, but high school sports websites list both teens as football players at Northwest Halifax High School.
Tripp said the investigation by his deputies and school resource officers is not over and more arrests are possible.
- ECU student killed in Charlotte car crash
- Two students chosen to have their artwork on school Christmas card
- Greenville man facing numerous drug trafficking charges makes first appearance
- Medical examiner: Teen found dead in Falls Lake drowned, had drugs in system
- Community continues to mourn loss of Mariah Woods through vigil